Throughout the years the Portuguese Economic Journal has published a series of issues focused on particular topics.
- Vol. 19, No. 3 - Advanced Methods to Measure Tourism Impacts. Edited by Antónia Correia, Paulo Rodrigues, and Egon Smeral.
- Vol. 18, No. 3 - Economic policy in Portugal: innovation, competitiveness, and internationalisation. Edited by Ricardo P. Alves, Luís F. Costa, and Steffen Hoernig.
- Vol. 15, No. 2 - Energy Economics: Demand, Prices, and Welfare. Edited by Isabel Soares and Óscar Afonso.
- Vol. 8, No. 3 - Law and Economics, Edited by Nuno Garoupa
- Vol. 6, No. 2 and Vol. 6, No. 3 - Imperfect competition and Contemporary Macroeconomics. Edited by Huw Dixon.
- Vol. 5, No. 2 - Contemporary Labor Economics. Edited by John T. Addison.
- Vol. 4, No. 2 - Geographical Economics. Edited by Masahisa Fujita.
- Vol. 3, No. 2 - Environmental Economics. Edited by Susana Mourato and Giles Atkison.
- Vol. 2, No. 2 - Health Economics. Edited by Pedro Pita Barros.
- Vol. 1, No. 2 - Microeconometrics. Edited by João Santos Silva and Frank Windmeijer.